Gardening is something you learn by doing---and by making mistakes....
Like Cooking, Gardening is a constant process of experimentation, repeating the successes and throwing out the failures.
Carol Stocker

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Joan's Zucchini Bread

When your zucchini plants are producing more that you can handle and you can't find anyone who wants to take anymore off your hands, this is a great way to use them up......and giving away zucchini bread is a whole lot easier!)
My mom got this recipe from my Aunt Joan, a long...long...long time ago, must have been in the 70's because I remember my mom making it when I was a kid.  I wonder if either of them still use it??








Joan's Zucchini Bread

2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Oil
3 Eggs
3 Tsp Cinnamon
2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Salt
3 Cups Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Cups Shredded Zucchini (Seeded and peeled...I leave the skin on if it's a younger zucchini)

Cream Sugar and Oil, add eggs & mix well.
Add the rest of the ingredients, mix until moistened.  Fold in zucchini.
Bake 1hr at 325 Degrees, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool.

Eggs added to oil & sugar

Add dry ingredients

Fold in zucchini

Fill loaf pans

mmmm out of the oven

Cooling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farming

Farming
Cutting Silage at Berry Creek