Gardening is something you learn by doing---and by making mistakes....
Like Cooking, Gardening is a constant process of experimentation, repeating the successes and throwing out the failures.
Carol Stocker

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sour Cream Cucumbers

I love these!  It's a nice change from Vinegar Cucumbers, I like to add fresh onions.


I'm not one for measuring my ingredients, especially in dishes like this.  I add until I think it tastes right.  So, this is your dish...make it the way you like it!  Here is my basic recipe:



Sour Cream Cucumbers

Slice cucumbers to the thickness of your liking (I like 1/4 to 1/2 inch)
Add sliced onions, again to your liking (I like 1 small onion per 3 cucumbers)
Add Vinegar (1 tsp to a large cuke)vinegar is optional
Add Sour Cream (start with 1/2 cup to 2 cukes)
Salt/Pepper to taste (sometimes I add a little dried dill)
Mix together and refrigerate.
Wash and slice cucumbers, I leave the skin on if the cukes are young and skin is tender

Combine cucumbers, onion, sour cream and vinegar (optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farming

Farming
Cutting Silage at Berry Creek