Gardening is something you learn by doing---and by making mistakes....
Like Cooking, Gardening is a constant process of experimentation, repeating the successes and throwing out the failures.
Carol Stocker

Friday, May 13, 2011

Ham & Cheese Macaroni Salad

My favorite macaroni salad!  I learned how to make this from a friend about 16 years ago, it is my all- time favorite.  Before now I had never measured the ingredients, to tell you the truth it kind of scared me....I usually just 'dump'.....but it turned out great!





Ham & Cheese Macaroni Salad

1 16 oz pkg Elbow Noodles
2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, cubed
1 bunch Green Onions, chopped(use green onions only)
2 cups cooked Ham, cubed
2 1/2 cups Mayonnaise (mayo only, no Miracle Whip)
1 cup Milk
2 tbs Sugar
Garlic Salt/Pepper to taste

Boil elbow noodles according to package instructions.  Drain and rinse with cold water.

In large serving bowl combine Mayo, milk, sugar, garlic salt & pepper.  Whisk until smooth.

Add green onions, ham and cheese to mayo mixture and stir.

Now add the macaroni noodles, stir until everything is well coated.  Eat now or refrigerate until later.

Give it a taste test to see if you need any more seasoning, I don't measure, I just give it a taste test.

If the salad has been refrigerated for a few hours I add a little milk before serving to make it creamier.

Chopped green onion
Cubed Cheese











Cubed Ham
All three











Mayo Mixture, will be runny
Added veggies and ham to Mayo











Then added the noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farming

Farming
Cutting Silage at Berry Creek