Gardening is something you learn by doing---and by making mistakes....
Like Cooking, Gardening is a constant process of experimentation, repeating the successes and throwing out the failures.
Carol Stocker

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Twisted Adventure

I tried a recipe for Sour Cream Sugar Twists because it sounded interesting and fairly easy.  You make the dough, refrigerate overnight and roll & bake the next day....how hard could that be?

Well.....anything that could go wrong, did!  On first batch I misread and cut the dough totally wrong.  The twists untwisted themselves because they were too short and fat.  The second batch looked gorgeous, I was so proud!  I put them in the oven, set the timer and waited....and waited....checked, and waited some more.  Why weren't the twists cooking?  It takes only 15 minutes to cook and it had been 25..30..!  Well, I soon realized not much will cook in an oven that has been turned OFF!

I turned the oven back on, set the timer again and waited sceptically.  The twists looked great, but I didn't know how the texture would be,  I guessed tough and chewy.  And yes, my dear sweet taste testing friends at work, you will be sampling these...you get the bad as well as the good. ;)

Much to my surprise the twists turned out wonderful!  I will post the recipe on my next entry....I need some time to recover, it's been a stressful afternoon, to say the least.


Sour Cream Sugar Twists

1 comment:

  1. Glad they weren't a total flop! But your work taste testers will soon have less to sample after we get home and you have to share with me first! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Farming

Farming
Cutting Silage at Berry Creek